This guide will show step-by-step instructions for setting up email on Outlook 2013 for Windows. While it can be used for other versions of Outlook, some screens and steps might vary.
Adding a new account:
- Select the 'File' menu.
- Select Info.
- Click the "Add Account" button.
- Choose "Manual setup or additional server types" .
- Click Next.
- Choose "POP or IMAP" .
- Click Next.
- Please enter your name as you want it to appear on your outbound email messages.
- Please type your email address.
- Please enter your Incoming Mail Server. This can be found in the email section of the cPanel under Configure Mail Client.
- The Outgoing Mail Server is the same as your Incoming Mail Server.
- Enter your email address for the User Name.
- Enter your email password.
- Click the More Settings button.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab.
- Click the "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" checkbox.
- Make sure that it is using the same settings as your incoming mail server.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- If you are using POP3 with SSL, please enter 995 for your port. Otherwise leave the port at 110.
- If you are using POP3, you may choose when messages are removed from the server.
- If you are using IMAP with SSL, please enter 993 for your port. Otherwise leave the port at 143.
- If you are using SMTP with SSL, please enter 465 for your port. Otherwise change the port to 26.
- Click the OK button.
- Click Next on the E-mail Accounts window.
- Click the Finish button.
Completing the Setup
You should now be able to send and receive email.